Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Birth of eBossRate.com

The Flash of Brilliance email delivered September 8, 2011



It went something like this 22 months ago:

Future Partner (the smart one) asks his Future Partner (the simple one) via email:

 Is this out there? We set up a website with a tool that any employee can use anonymously to evaluate leadership at his/her company.  We build a tool and employees pay a nominal fee to have a say in the matter.  Bosses evaluate you, and does so year after year, but no one really evaluates them, now it's your turn. we score and post the results.  We don't post anything slanderous, just company name, scores and "constructive" feedback.


The Future Partner (the simple one) immediately, without hesitation, answers the Future Partner (the smart one) back: 


You, my friend, may have completely hit the jackpot.  It is freaking brilliant. We can do this.  You think I'm the man?  No.  You are the man.  Let's talk tomorrow.  (It was 11:28 p.m.)  I say again, brilliant. We just have to make it tight and right and we can.  I will carry your bags on this.  You are CEO/President.  I can be VP of Marketing if you'll have me.  I know a pretty good web guy.  Have to track him down.  


So here we are 22 month later on the verge of launching a site that meets, and then some, the original vision of our CEO, the smart one.  





No comments:

Post a Comment